Vanity First Impressions

notreallythough

Aug 27, 2022

Good shit:​

[+] I like the UI style. It's clean and nice to look at, and the animations are a nice touch without being over the top.​
[+] Some visuals have pretty extensive options, and chams has a lot of nice textures and overlays. Very customizable to your own taste.​
[+] Includes some more niche features which many other cheats lack.​
- Customizable bunnyhop hitchance is a game changer vs other legit cheats which lack this feature.​
- Some less common ESP features such as "Show Audible Only"​
- Highly customizable hitsound/hitmarker/killsound/kill effect feature​
- Other less common visuals such as the ability to customize how smokes & molotovs look, fog adjustment & bloom adjustment​
[+] Legit-looking aimbot including mouse-based aimbot, which can be configured to look extremely believable.​
[+] Comprehensive inventory/skin changer which works without issue.​

Bad shit:​

[-] Some questionable approaches to UI/UX. Some of the main offenders which needlessly clutter the UI are:​
- Empty tabs [1] [2] [3] in the main menu for features which are not yet implemented. I understand they're being worked on, but including empty features is needless.​
- An empty "Extra" tab in the Misc. section of the cheat​
- A seemingly useless "Player List" tab in the main menu, which does little more than pad out the main options.​
- No indicator to illustrate the ability to scroll down in some categories of the menus. You will quickly learn where you can/can't scroll, but you shouldn't need to learn at all.​
- Backtrack measured in ticks rather than the standard milliseconds. A little confusing - would be nice to be able to switch between these measurements rather than calculate it yourself. No extended (400ms) backtrack - limited to 12 ticks (~200ms).​
[-] Some ESP features lack customizability. The text is the main concern to me. You can't change the size, which is a major issue for the health bar text, which is miniscule and unreadable. It would also be nice to be able to change the font itself.​
[-] Lacks some relatively easy to implement FPS boosting visuals which some of the big names have - i.e. ability to disable post processing effects. I personally have no issues running my game with or without injecting, but there are others who absolutely do. These features are something that I believe many would enable just to squeeze more frames out of their game.​
[-] On the subject of performance, higher framerate impact on injection than I'd like to see. On Ulletical's FPS benchmark map I measured an average ~20% drop to framerate (720.04fps average uninjected, 571.53fps average injected - default settings used, no visuals). YMMV on this - just my experience.​
[-] Launcher lacks basic functionality. I am personally a big fan of the command line launcher as a lot of launchers these days feel over the top, however with no option to save credentials this does feel somewhat behind the times. As someone who uses a password manager, having to copy+paste my password into the prompt every time gets old pretty quick.​

With all that being said:​

Vanity has left an overall positive impression on me, and I intend to continue using it as my main legit cheat for the time being. As someone who closets very hard on accounts with skins and is only really looking for something with backtrack, some nice customizable chams and a bunnyhop script with customizable perf%, this really ticks all of my personal boxes. As I said; the UX could be polished up, and some optimizations may be in order, but I really like Vanity all-in-all.

7.5 / 10 as a legit cheat.

I believe many of my issues with this cheat could be fixed within a matter of weeks, and would raise the score to near-perfect, if not, a flat 10.